Post-doc Chief Research Specialist The Area of High-temperature Research at the Centre of Materials Research
Post-doc Chief Research Specialist
The Area of High-temperature Research at the Centre of Materials Research
Reference number: CBM_PDw_1/2022
Type of contract: Employment contract for 1 year with an extension to 3 years on the evaluation side
Working time: full time / 40 hours per week
Number of work stations: 1
Location: Kraków, ul. Zakopiańska 73
Annual salary: approx. 66 000,00 PLN – 72 000,00 PLN – depending on experience and skills
Offer starting date: 21th January, 2022
Application deadline: 20th March, 2022
What we do in High-temperature Research Area at the Centre of Materials Research?
We specialize in R&D activities conducted in the field of high temperature liquid-assisted processes in terms of their practical industrial applications. We mainly deal with experimental and theoretical studies on high temperature interfacial phenomena as wetting, spreading and infiltration of molten metals and alloys on metal or ceramic bodies. Our main application areas cover: (i) a selection of refractories for metallurgical processes; (ii) optimization of joining processes, i.e. soldering or brazing; (iii) designing of metal or ceramic matrix composites (MMCs or CMCs).
Our recent projects were focused around the research on ultra-high temperature materials for either structural and functional applications. Specifically, we experimentally investigate a fabrication of advanced ceramic composites by using Reactive Melt Infiltration or we examine thermophysical compatibility and properties of new materials for ultra-high temperature thermal energy storage devices.
- Solving scientific problems in the field of design and research of innovative materials using liquid-assisted methods.
- Realization of research and experimental works in the field of high-temperature research.
- Preparation of research methodology.
- Acquisition of R&D projects.
- Representing the Institute outside in contacts with clients.
- Conducting works aimed at the practical adaptation of research results and participation in their implementation and dissemination (writing reports, patent applications and publications).
- Conducting training in the field of its scientific activity.
Expectations and qualification:
- Doctoral degree and 2 years of experience in the R&D sector – preferred candidates with a doctoral degree in the material engineering, chemistry, chemical technology or subjects related.
- At least 5 publications (referred to in § 9 paragraphs 1-3 of the Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of February 22, 2019 on the quality assessment of scientific activity, hereinafter: the Regulation) indexed in international databases, such as Web of Science or Scopus with a minimum Total Impact Factor (IF) ≥ 5.
- Hirsch index ≥ 3.
- Participation in at least three R&D projects referred to in § 22 sec. 1 point 1 of the Regulation as the main contractor in the last three years.
- Proven experience in cooperation with industrial partners in the field of R&D works.
- Declaration of the main place of employment in the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Krakow Institute of Technology.
- Knowledge of the English language at the level of at least B2.
- Good knowledge and experience in materials science and materials engineering, in particular in (ultra) high-temperature materials and processes, designing composites for specific applications, studying the process-dependent structural evolution of materials (ceramics, metals and composites).
- Good knowledge of thermodynamics and phase diagrams.
- Knowledge of national and European sources of research funding.
- Highly developed organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt technological innovations.
- Ability to work with rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Work in a research organization focused on the implementation of innovative, prestigious R&D projects.
- Employment based on an employment contract.
- Flexible working hours.
- Benefit package (co-financing for rest, additional medical care package, the possibility of joining the life insurance program).
- Possibility of constant professional development and support of the Institute in this regard.
- Free parking space.
- CV of sciences with achievements, information from:
- lists of scientific publications, the number of their citations (without self-citations) and the Hirsch index,
- information on managing or participating in research projects,
- lists of inventions, patents, implementation studies,
- information on completed research internships,
- additional important information such as: certificates, awards.
- A cover letter with information about the scope of the research.
- Reference letter (1-3).
We are waiting for your application until 20th March, 2022.
We kindly ask you to include the following clause in the CV document sent to the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Krakow Institute of Technology:
Based on art. 221a and art. 221b of the Act of June 26, 1974 Labor Code, I agree for the processing of my personal data contained in the application documents by the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Krakow Institute of Technology ul. Zakopiańska 73, 30-418 Kraków for the purpose of the current recruitment process. At the same time, I declare that I have been informed about my right to: access and correct data, request for their removal, limit their processing, transfer data, object to the processing of my personal data, withdraw the consent to their processing at any time, place a complaint to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office, if I consider that my data is processed contrary to the legal requirements, as well as that providing this data is on voluntary basis.
In case you are interested in participating in future recruitment processes conducted by the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Krakow Institute of Technology, the content of the CV document should additionally include the following clause:
I hereby agree for the processing of my personal data by the the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Krakow Institute of Technology ul. Zakopiańska 73, 30-418 Kraków for the purposes of future recruitment processes conducted by the Institute. At the same time, I declare that I have been informed about my rights (described above).
Please be advised that the administrator of your personal data is the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Krakow Institute of Technology (hereinafter: the Institute) with its seat ul. Zakopiańska 73, 30-418 Krakow. Personal data will be processed by the Institute in order to carry out the ongoing recruitment process for a specific job position, and in the case of express and free consent – also for future purposes recruitment. Providing personal information is voluntary. More information on the processing of personal data can be found at: https://kit.lukasiewicz.gov.pl/dane-osobowe/
Documents sent after the deadline or incomplete will not be considered.
We will contact only selected candidates.
Qualified persons for recruitment interviews will be notified of their date with the use of contact details that will be provided by the candidate in the documents application. Additional information can be obtained by writing to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org