Leader of the Powder Materials and Processes (PMP) research group Area Center of Materials and Manufacturing Technologies
Nr ref: CMW_35/2023
Łukasiewicz – Krakow Institute of Technology is a part of the Łukasiewicz Research Network, one of the largest research networks in Europe. The Łukasiewicz Research Network is an integrated market player providing attractive, complete and competitive business solutions. Our key development directions of strategic importance for the Polish economy are smart and clean mobility, digital transformation, health and sustainable economy and energy.
The Centre of Materials and Manufacturing Technologies (CMW) specializes in materials designing, manufacturing, shaping, machining and testing in the following areas: iron, cobalt and nickel alloys, non-ferrous metal alloys, mould technologies, computer-aided technologies, additive manufacturing technologies, sintering techniques, metal cutting and tooling, high temperature investigations and corrosion tests.
Type of Contract: Contract of employment
Job Status: Full-time (40 Hours Per Week)
Number of workstations: 1
Place of work: Krakow, Zakopianska Street 73 (possible remote work after consultation with the immediate supervisor)
Announcement date: 14th July 2023
Deadline for submittig applications: 27th July 2023
Scope of tasks performed at the workplace:
- Organization from scratch of a new research team in the area of Powder Materials and Processes (PMP). It encompasses the development of new and functionnalised powder materials and processes to manufacture tailor-made powders for targeted industrial applications.
- Shaping, in cooperation with the Directorate, the area’s science and research policy.
- Defining the preferred directions of development in the area of the Powder Materials and Processes (PMP) area.
- Supervision, planning and implementation of research and experimental work.
- Acquiring key national and international projects and supervising the quality of research and development work carried out in the area.
- Initiating, supervising and supporting the scientific development of the employees of the area.
- Drafting and verification of the texts of articles intended for publication in the represented area.
- Representing the Institute outside in contacts with clients.
- Initiate national and international scientific and technical cooperations with stakeholders to establish an international renowned Powder Materials and Processes (PMP) center.
- Carrying out work aimed at the practical adaptation of research results and participating in their implementation and dissemination.
- Conducting trainings.
- Close cooperation with the Center Manager and the Management
Requirements for candidates:
- Extensive knowledge of materials development an characterisations and powder production processes
- Doctoral degree and 5 years of experience in the R&D sector, including the independent conduct of research projects.
- Capability to upscale lab process at the industrial level including the technical and economical aspects.
- Documented experience in collaboration with industrial partners in the scope of R&D works.
- Knowledge of English in speech and writing at least at B2 level.
- Main place of employment declared as the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Krakow Institute of Technology.
- Knowledge of the national and European sources of research funding.
- Very good organization of own work, communication skills and teamwork skills.
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to carry out many tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in conditions of rapidly changing priorities.
- Work in a research organisation aiming at the implementation of innovative and prestigious R&D projects.
- Employment based on a contract of employment.
- Flexible working hours.
- A benefit package (co-financing of holidays, additional medical care package, the possibility of joining the life insurance program).
- The possibility of permanent professional development.
- Free parking space.
- lists of scientific publications, the number of their citations,
- information on managing or participating in research projects,
- lists of inventions, patents, implementation studies,
- information about completed research internships.
We are waiting for applications until 27th July 2023
We kindly ask you to include the following clause in the CV document sent to the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Krakow Institute of Technology:
Based on art. 221a and art. 221b of the Act of June 26, 1974 Labor Code, I agree for the processing of my personal data contained in the application documents by the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Krakow Institute of Technology ul. Zakopiańska 73, 30-418 Kraków for the purpose of the current recruitment process. At the same time, I declare that I have been informed about my right to: access and correct data, request for their removal, limit their processing, transfer data, object to the processing of my personal data, withdraw the consent to their processing at any time, place a complaint to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office, if I consider that my data is processed contrary to the legal requirements, as well as that providing this data is on voluntary basis.
In case you are interested in participating in future recruitment processes conducted by the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Krakow Institute of Technology, the content of the CV document should additionally include the following clause:
I hereby agree for the processing of my personal data by the the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Krakow Institute of Technology ul. Zakopiańska 73, 30-418 Kraków for the purposes of future recruitment processes conducted by the Institute. At the same time, I declare that I have been informed about my rights (described above).
Please be advised that the administrator of your personal data is the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Krakow Institute of Technology (hereinafter: the Institute) with its seat ul. Zakopiańska 73, 30-418 Krakow. Personal data will be processed by the Institute in order to carry out the ongoing recruitment process for a specific job position, and in the case of express and free consent – also for future purposes recruitment. Providing personal information is voluntary. More information on the processing of personal data can be found at: https://kit.lukasiewicz.gov.pl/dane-osobowe/
Documents sent after the deadline or incomplete will not be considered.
We will contact only selected candidates.
Qualified persons for recruitment interviews will be notified of their date with the use of contact details that will be provided by the candidate in the documents application. Additional information can be obtained by writing to the following e-mail address: email@example.com