We Are Looking For Chief Research Specialist – Post-Doc at the Center for Biomedical Application Technologies
Nr ref: CBT_PD_38/2022
The Center for Biomedical Application Technologies (CBT) specializes in the implementation of research and development works and industrial applications related to the development of new methodologies, materials and devices for biological and medical fields. Our activities mainly cover the areas of: 1) advanced biomaterials and lab-on-chip prototyping; 2) implants and biocorrosion; 3) biosensors and biomedical devices.
We have extensive expertise in the use of vibrational spectroscopy techniques for the identification of spectroscopic biomarkers and the analysis of biological materials. Currently implemented projects concern the development of new methodologies for studying intercellular interactions, which may enable rapid detection of early lesions.
The person employed as the Chief Research Specialist – Post-Doc will act as the main contractor in a project financed by the National Science Center in the SONATA BIS 10 competition, entitled: „Spectroscopic and microscopic techniques in nano-probing, modeling and recognition of interactions between erythrocytes and vascular endothelial cells at the molecular level” (UMO-2020/38/E/ST4/00197). This project will design and apply spectroscopic and microscopic methodologies to nano-probing, modeling and recognizing interactions between red blood cells (RBCs) and vascular endothelial (EC) cells at the molecular level. The multimodal approach involves the use of a combination of Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), in particular nanoscale infrared spectroscopy (nano-IR) and Raman spectroscopy (RS), including surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS) and tip-enhanced Raman spectroscopy (TERS), as well as resonance Raman spectroscopy (RRS) and atomic force microscopy (AFM) in combination with traditional reference techniques.
Type of contract: Employment contract for 54 months
Annual salary: 10,000 PLN gross-gross/mo. (approx. 5,746 PLN net/mo.)
Working time: full time
Location: Kraków, ul. Zakopiańska 73
Offer starting date: 1st September, 2022
Application deadline: 31st October, 2022.
Tasks performed at the offered position:
The basic duties of the employed person will include direct support of the Project Manager in the implementation of research and preparation of scientific publications and partial reports. The detailed scope of tasks includes:
- Surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS) specialist.
- RS, RRS and SERS measurements of ECs/RBCs interactions with data analysis.
- Design of the methodology for SERS measurements of EC/RBC membranes as well as whole cell interactions.
- Design and preparation of the proper nano-particles or metallic surfaces.
- Close cooperation with a PhD student 1 working on IR and nano-IR spectroscopic analysis of EC/RBC membranes and PhD student 2 working on AFM/SNOM analysis
- Correlation of SERS, RS, RRS results with FTIR, AFM and SNOM results as well as results of classical techniques of analysis.
- Active participation in publications and reports preparation.
Expectations and qualification:
- Doctoral degree and 2 years of experience in the R&D sector or Master’s degree and 3 years of experience in the R&D sector, including participation in the implementation of research projects.
- Preferred candidates with education in chemistry, biology or related disciplines.
- A minimum of 5 publications indexed in international databases such as Web of Science or Scopus, with a minimum total Impact Factor (IF) ≥ 5.
- Hirsch index ≥ 3.
- Participation in at least three R&D projects as the main contractor over the past three years.
- Proven experience in cooperation with industrial partners in the field of R&D works.
- Knowledge of the English language at the level of at least B2.
- Practical experience in Raman spectroscopy, including surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS).
- Experience in measuring biological samples (cells / tissues) with the use of IR and RS as well as vibrational spectroscopy and chemometric analysis of spectroscopic data (data processing in Matlab)
- Promoting and publishing research in this field.
- Involvement in training members of the project team.
- Experience in nano-IR or AFM / SNOM measurements.
- Declaration of the main place of employment in the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Krakow Institute of Technology.
- Very good organization of own work, communication skills and teamwork skills.
- Highly developed organizational skills.
- Work in a research organization focused on the implementation of innovative, prestigious R&D projects.
- Employment based on an employment contract.
- Flexible working hours.
- Benefit package (co-financing for rest, additional medical care package, the possibility of joining the life insurance program).
- Possibility of constant professional development and support of the Institute in this regard.
- Free parking space.
CV containing information on scientific achievements, taking into account:
- lists of scientific publications, the number of citations (without self-citations) and the Hirsch index;
- information on managing or participating in research projects;
- lists of inventions, patents, implementation studies.
We are waiting for your application until 31st October, 2022 r.
We kindly ask you to include the following clause in the CV document sent to the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Krakow Institute of Technology:
Based on art. 221a and art. 221b of the Act of June 26, 1974 Labor Code, I agree for the processing of my personal data contained in the application documents by the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Krakow Institute of Technology ul. Zakopiańska 73, 30-418 Kraków for the purpose of the current recruitment process. At the same time, I declare that I have been informed about my right to: access and correct data, request for their removal, limit their processing, transfer data, object to the processing of my personal data, withdraw the consent to their processing at any time, place a complaint to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office, if I consider that my data is processed contrary to the legal requirements, as well as that providing this data is on voluntary basis.
In case you are interested in participating in future recruitment processes conducted by the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Krakow Institute of Technology, the content of the CV document should additionally include the following clause:
I hereby agree for the processing of my personal data by the the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Krakow Institute of Technology ul. Zakopiańska 73, 30-418 Kraków for the purposes of future recruitment processes conducted by the Institute. At the same time, I declare that I have been informed about my rights (described above).
Please be advised that the administrator of your personal data is the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Krakow Institute of Technology (hereinafter: the Institute) with its seat ul. Zakopiańska 73, 30-418 Krakow. Personal data will be processed by the Institute in order to carry out the ongoing recruitment process for a specific job position, and in the case of express and free consent – also for future purposes recruitment. Providing personal information is voluntary. More information on the processing of personal data can be found at: https://kit.lukasiewicz.gov.pl/dane-osobowe/
Documents sent after the deadline or incomplete will not be considered.
We will contact only selected candidates.
Qualified persons for recruitment interviews will be notified of their date with the use of contact details that will be provided by the candidate in the documents application. Additional information can be obtained by writing to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org